Tis' the season to be jolly, right? Well, jolly I am . During past holiday seasons, I have been busy working, working, working and never put in the effort to really enjoy the season. I would just be rushing around and waiting til the last minute to do anything. A tree and some decorations would go up, but nothing to grand. Time would be spend with family, but not really taking in the true meaning of Christmas.
This season it's all about new traditions and spending time with family. I'm aware my lil' one is only 6 months old and has no idea what is going on...but I will start engraving new family traditions into his mind early. Our first new tradition is participating in advent calendar activities. I bought an advent calendar kit from the craft store and hot glued it together right away. It called for hand sewing, but that would have taken me at least another 6 months to complete. Now, I have completed the first activity. Let the count down to Christmas begin.
The first activity was to
bake Christmas cookies. I decided Liam and I would bake and decorate gingerbread cookies. The cookies will be used for an ugly sweater Christmas party that my friend and I are hosting this month, which works out because than I do not have to eat them all. Success!!
 |
| The cookies after they had been baked |
 |
| Frosting some sweaters on them |
 |
| Liam and Tatum enjoy the show in their bumbos |
 |
| Decorating the cookies |
 |
| Their DONE! |
Love! Tis the season!
ReplyDelete